Friday, December 10, 2010

Cherish

Today's post is going to be pretty short. Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday. I was a busy girl. Last night my sister-in-law Lori had a Pampered Chef party. I had never been to a Pampered Chef party before so I was pretty excited to see what awesome cooking supplies they had. We made Penne al Fresco & Bruschetta, a homemade garlic and cherry tomato sauce that smothered penne pasta cooked in chicken broth. We used the Cranberry Covered Baker and made the entire dish in the microwave! There was also homemade Italian salsa served on toasted garlic bread. It was delish. I of course didn't buy anything because you know how expensive those parties can be. I went to a Tupperware party while I was in Redding about 7 months ago and all I was able to buy was a 15 dollar sponge! I had my eye set on this amazing salsa maker, but when I discovered it was 60 dollars I backed out. No salsa for this mama. But the Pampered chef party was a blast. 


It inspired me and Angela to start up a weekly cooking night. Once a week, we are going to draw a recipe out of a hat and make it! Then, to make it especially goofy and fun, we are going to film it like a cooking show and send Bobby the DVD. I'm truly looking forward to it. But, the title of this blog is "cherish" for a reason. 


I was thinking last night as I was reading one of my husbands nightly emails (I usually get 2-3 throughout the night) about how much I cherish reading his words. It's what keeps me going. It keeps my head up, keeps me strong and gives me something to look forward to every night before I go to sleep. I am definitely a firm believer in "distance makes the heart grow fonder" now, and I'm sure you will be hearing it a lot throughout this blog journey of mine. I save all of his emails in a separate folder so I will be able to look back on them one day and remember this time in our lives. As much as I hate being away from my penguin, I do believe that this is going to make us a stronger couple in the end, and we will be more in love then ever. 


In other news, Brylie is getting so close to laughing. It's adorable. She's also very much so into sticking her tongue out. She's such a little princess. Well, I am now off to JCPenny with the family. Tonight was my mother-in-law's belated birthday dinner. Love you all!

By the way, yesterday's deployment song was "Lucky" by Jason Mraz. You can listen to it here.


Today's deployment song is "I'm Already There" by Lonestar. You can listen to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment